Re: debian: dos2unix and unix2dos utilities.

On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 10:48:23AM +1100, Brendan J Simon wrote:
> Are there any dos2unix and unix2dos command line utilities in any of
> the debian pacages ???  I've done an "apt-cache search ..." but can't
> find anything suitable.

For lots of flexibility and lots of files, look at recode. If it's just
one or two text files vim can change them by opening the file and then
typing the command ':set fileformat=unix', then save the file.  I think
vi does this as well, automatically saving the fileformat to the native
system format simply by opening the file, modify it slightly (like
delete a character then add it back) and then save it.  The shell tr//
command can also do the translation, I think.

--
/bin/sh ~/.signature:
Command not found