Re: sound blaster live

That I haven't tried, I guess I will. Thanx for the suggestion, but which debs am I actually looking for.

Wilson Fung wrote:

> I have a sound blaster live value card, and guess what, I'm new to linux. I > downloaded the ALSA 0.59 driver, compiled it and when I modprobe it, it says
> unresolved symbols in snd.o and emu10k1.o.  Am I missing something?

You might also try downloading the latest .debs from the unstable branch
and installing these, then run alsaconf.  This worked fine for me.  It
did take a little patience to get the correct packages installed in the
correct order, but Debian always tells you what package it needs first.

David Bellows