Re: LI after Install

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 11:47:25AM +0900, Jack Morgan wrote:
> I installed debian on a new HDD and after installing the base I get LI at
> boot time? Any suggestions as to what I did wrong?

I guess your kernel is below the 1024 limit...

The easiest way to avoid these problems is to created a small /boot partition
at the beginning of your hd at the installation.

Since you've installed the base already, you could try to boot with the
Debian rescue floppy ( type rescue=/dev/your_root_partition at the
boot prompt ) and rerun lilo with the "-L" option.

--
Staf Wagemakers

email      : staf@digibel.org
homepage   : http://www.digibel.org/~staf