repartitioning hard disk

Le jeu, 31 aoû 2000 21:05:39 stefan goemana écrit :
> Hello,

Hi !

> 2) I plan to cut the drive in 2 parts with fips. The filesystem on the
> second partition is also FAT32 or will
> it be FAT16?
You will create unused disk space with fips, then you'll have to use
fdisk or similar to create a partition into that space. So you'll be
able to partition it as you want.

> 3) Now my drive letters are
>    C: hard disk
>    D: CD-ROM
>    E: zip-drive
> If I reboot and Win98 starts (I hope) what will happen with these drive
> letters? (P.S.: I have not changed  the 2nd partition to ext2)

Since there won't be any partitions created, the drive letters won't
change...
If you create a new FAT partition, it will take the D letter and move
the other two devices (cdrom + zip) to E and F

Hope that helps

Florian