potato update question

hello everybody

i've burn cdrom's potato distribution ( unofficial version - 4 CD )
from ftp.kando.hu  site.

after updating my system last night with  a method describe
in a cd like:

apt-cdrom add
( for adding a deb lines fr each cd in source.list)
apt-get update
( update packages database )
apt-get dist-upgrade
apt-get upgrade

my packages database seem not real up-to-date because i can't find
by example postfix which is on CD 1.
Each CD has a particular content.gz file and i've difficulty to
understand
what is a method to have a 4 CD database reflector.

last word, multi_cd method is it obsolet now or what is the difference
between
the first method describe below.

many  thanks per advance for comments
Tony