Re: LI after Install

hi jack

take me to your leader.... ( just kidding )

i hope you have another linux system....

if you do....and its system is same or close enough...
copy the kernel from that other box to floppy and boot
from floppy

other#  dd if=/boot/your_kernel  of=/dev/fd0
other#  rdev /dev/fd0 /dev/hda1
	- assuming /dev/hda1 is the root partion on  "broken" machine

- insert the boot flop intot he broken box ( LIL- )
and when it comes up.....rerun lilo....take the floppy out and
you should be back to normal....( make a boot floppy again of that kernel)

-------

still.... since toms root/boot fails ?? ....make a different root/boot
floppy from debian or slackware...

c ya
alvin

-- other wise....there /usr/doc/lilo* to go reading and poking around