Re: q ad refusing smtp-conns with sendmail

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Robert Waldner wrote:

> I´m looking for a solution which will let me refuse smtp-connections
> from some hosts with specific 5xx-error-messages.
>
> Any hint in the right direction? (Other than writing my own
> sendmail-rules, I tried but didn´t really understand the most part of
> them.)
>
> I *think* there´s a package out there which does that, but I cannot
> recall the name...
>
> TIA,
> &rw

sendmail will do this for you...

The access.db will allow you to reject certain users and or sites,
and give you the opportunity to specify the rejection code.

Make sure you're at a current sendmail release (8.11.0) and see
  /usr/share/doc/sendmail/cf.README.gz and search for FEATURE(`access_db')
--
Rick Nelson
Life'll kill ya                         -- Warren Zevon