LILO

I could not ask this one more ignorantly :-)

How do I make LILO work, or what prompt would I see if it were?  When I
installed Linux, I set it to boot from hard drive (making win defaul,
however) and also made a boot floppy.  I'm stuck using the boot floppy
because I don't know how to choose Linux.  What's the "boot:" prompt about?
If I don't put the disk in, it goes straight to windows without any second
thoughts, so I'm assuming I do not have LILO set up.  Where would it be, and
how would I configure it to ask me from the start (without a boot floppy)
which OS I want to load?  Much thanks, bye.

-Chris