RE: Security Flaws on Slashdot

Before the list gets clogged with replies, I must state that in my
opinion an administrator or user responsible for a system must also be
responsible for its desired security level, creating a fully secure
distro (if it were possible) may create complacency.

Also this article fails to recognize that older versions of software
which run on debian are used for stability and have most likely already
been patched for security flaws.

Perhaps on my second look this bloke's article made too many assumptions
without fully doing his homework. Don't mind the suggestion on a
signature in dpkg though.

Out of curiosity has anyone ever broken into a debian site or mirror and
inserted a trojan horse.

Regards,

Peter Firmstone.