Re: Selection of installation kind

On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 06:06:04AM -0400, Antonio Rodriguez wrote:
> I noticed that while installing from first official cd (2.2rev_0), after
> deciding for one of the predefined selections, I was prompted to a few
> options, which supposedly I could have change -for example, selection of
> windows manager was preselected as twm-, but there was no way of doing
> it!!!! No matter how much I tried pressing enter, * (since it was the
> indicative symbol), y, Y, etc, I could not make any changes in the
> options!!!
> I suppose this is some kind of anomaly, or bug. Any ideas?
> Thanks,
> Antonio.

Presumably you didn't select any other window manager to install, so you
couldn't change the default (which is what is appears you are
describing).  Just 'apt-get install [windowmaker | icewm | enlightenment
| ... ]' .  You should then be prompted if you want to make it your
default Window Manager.  If you're not prompted, run
'update-alternatives --config x-window-manager' to select the default.

--
/bin/sh: ~/.signature: command not found