Installation Problem

Hi all,

I am in deep trouble in installing the Debian...
I got a CD-ROM version (2.1) and everytime when i am in the base system installing process, it can't get thru. It prompts me a screen saying that it is extracting the base2_1.tgz file; yet, after all, it just return to the main menu that ask me to install the base system...

I have tried many methods already, like making a dos partition and try to install the file from there, but I still have no luck...

Please help me out...

Kevin