Re: From: line shows recipients domain name

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 10:34:32PM +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> What you were doing is more like mail from: <foo> - some servers
> tolerate that and append their own domain name to it - others bounce
> the mail.

But when I have tried sending mails to other accounts the From: line
has been correct. And I always get responses to the mails I sent, so I
suppose it must be correct most of the time. Does it only use the
servers domain name in some cases, or what?
--

// André