Installation os X

     I don't get it...I need help installing x.....The one question I
have is, When you run X what does it mean to set up a server, should I
have found a choice for a server in deselect and installed
it......Basically, should a server type be installed from deselect...I
have only three correct choices selected for x installation...The other
8 I guess are in correct...Is SVGA better than VGA, or is it better to
have all of the servers in choice 4, and what happens if your card is
not listed or does not recoginize the chip?  Linux is very hard to
learn, why is it not easier?  Please help... I have tried and tried,
read all the manuals and docs, but to no