RE: gnome install

Dear Nate,

As promised, here is some follow up:

> > I finally reach to install gnome with Enlightenment as wm
> with the last
> > distribution package (2.2 rev0) on my linux box with a
> Intel pentium III and
> > 128Mb ram.
> > I met two different kind of problems:
> >
> > first with gnome-moz?-remote ... which failed because:
> >         /dev/dsp no such device
> >         ....  exit code (-1)
> means you have not configured a sound device correctly or the sound
> device is unsupported.

I tried to remove /dev/dsp hopping that software will accept that no sound
card is available
but it fails on message: /dev/dsp no such file or directory.

> > second netscape-remote (from netscape-base-4) failed because:
> > could not open display :0 ?
>
> make sure you are running netscape as the same user you are logged in
> as, chances are you ran it as root after doing an 'su' in a terminal
> (that is a common thing to have happen)
> You CAN run apps under different userids but it takes a couple extra
> commands.

I then try by launching gnome & enlightenment as a common user but netscape
still failed?
Any idea?

What is wrong? Any further help is  welcome (:^)

Joel