Re: True Type Fonts

On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 11:38:31PM -0500, Daniel E. Baumann wrote:
> Hello fellow debian users. I was wondering which true type font server you
> people recommend. I have all the relevant HOWTO's (e.g., the font
> deuglification howto, the Debian tt font howto, etc.), but it seems that
> each of them recommends different font servers, etc. Which do you find to be
> the best xfsft, xfstt, redhat xfs (as if Debain users would use this one)? I
> would just like to hear a few opinions before I decide to choose one to set
> up.

xfstt, happy with it.  Haven't tried other options.

Much of this will be going away as XF86 4.x has built-in TT support.

> Also, I would like to hear people's experiences in using the Debian tt font
> mini howto and if this solution was adequate for them.

I read a few of the duglification howtos, IIRC, when I was running RH.
Otherwise, apt-get install xfstt and rock'n'roll.  I copied a set of MS
Windows TT fonts from my (now defunct) NT system.