Re: Realtek 8129/8139 support

On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 06:56:44PM -0500, Paul T. McNally wrote:
> I'm running make xconfig on kernel source 2.2.17
> and the line in the subject line is an option
> in Ethernet (10 or 100Mbit section). I need this for
> my ethernet cards but I can't figure out how to
> get the option to bold (ungrey). Maybe I can't.
> I was able to get this to work using source 2.3.xx
> when I was running redhat.

Say yes to experimental drivers (first kernel configure option).
Good Luck! I got nightmares from this driver.
Now I'm running 2.4.0-test7 and everything seems stable (at least the last to hours). (driver: 8139too)
I copied approx. one gig over the network and the driver was going two times faster than the old 2.2.17 rtl8139.
The old one always died after some time and needed an ifconfig eth0 down - ifconfig eth0 up.

-ff

--
     Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net>
OpenPGP key available on public key servers

------> Save the future of Open Source <------
-> Online-Petition against Software Patents <-
------> http://petition.eurolinux.org <-------