Re: exim headaches

On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 05:53:01PM -0500, David Bellows wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've been banging my head against the wall on this one.  Here's what I'm
> trying to do.
>
> I have exim installed
> I want local mail delivered locally like:
> MAIL TO user1@thisbox FROM me@thisbox
>
> In other words all local mail stays local.  This is currently working
> with all the addresses being formed correctly so that a reply stays
> local.
>
> I want outgoing mail to be delivered
> MAIL TO somone@isp.net FROM bfootdav@bellsouth.net # my real email
> address
>
> This is where the system fails.  It uses my local address as the origin
> and REPLY field instead of my email address:
> FROM me@thisbox instead of FROM bfootdav@bellsouth.net
>
> So what I'm asking is how do I get exim to use my email address
> (bfootdav@bellsouth.net) on outgoing mail but not on local mail?

I just installed the exim package and chose dialup site.
After telling it the corresponding values it worked fine.
I think you can run the configuration again, using eximconfig.

-ff

--
     Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net>
OpenPGP key available on public key servers

------> Save the future of Open Source <------
-> Online-Petition against Software Patents <-
------> http://petition.eurolinux.org <-------