Re: Console based Word Processor

On 27, aug, 2000 at 10:00:48 +0518, USM Bish wrote:

<snippage>

> I did a search for console word processors in Linux through
> various search engines. Not much joy. However, I do vaguely
> remember seeing a  demo ncurses  based wp in a Yggdrasil CD
> (Slackware distro) at a local vendor about three years ago.
> Hav'nt seen anybody using it though.

I've just this last weekend heard about WordPerfect for UNIX in version
5.something being on the CD you could buy of WordPerfect 8!

It's _not_ included in the gratis download version, only the CD-edition.

I don't know if it is true, but the guy who told us sounded like he had
used it ...

My very first exprience with WordProcessing on a PC was on a 286 running
DOS and WP 5.1, I wrote a ~25 page physics paper on it, MAN it took it's
time to render a page filled with formulas when I wanted to use the
WYSIWYG feature!

On the positive side it was very pleasant to edit formulas in it ... I'm
becoming nostalgic now, but I think this might be the Perfect (pun
intended) solution for you, though it is an expensive one!

HTH
		Morten

--
UNIX, reach out and grep someone!