Re: ppp, netscape,HD

> Vik writes:
> > I am having problems with configuring ppp
>
> If you have not configured ppp with pppconfig do so (you can then start ppp
> with 'pon' and stop it with 'poff').  If you have run pppconfig post copies
> of /etc/chatscripts/provider, /etc/ppp/peers/provider, and the output of
> the 'plog' command.

Thanks for the replies - the problem was with the chatscript - my provider
needs one to type 'ppp' after logging in, which I had done, but failed to
remove the \d\c (which waits a second & suppresses the linefeed), so it
was sending 'ppp', but no newline, so ppp on the other side never
started. All is well

ciao

vik

vik4@mindless.com
<http://www.progsoc.org/~vik>
PGP: <http://www.progsoc.org/~vik/pgp.txt>

You can observe a lot just by watching.  -- Yogi Berra