Re: -dev dependencies when building debs from source?

Hi Jeronimo!

On Sun, 27 Aug 2000, Jeronimo Pellegrini wrote:

>  I have built console-apt and gnome-apt from source here, because I
>  needed the debs (and that seemed much easier to me than browsing
>  ftp.debian.org -- besides that, I like to compile things... :)
>
>  Anyway... I found that apt doesn't seem to know about dependencies
>  related to -dev packages... The build of console-apt failed once, and
>  that of gnome-apt failed twice, I think, because of these
>  dependencies. And all I had were missing header files, so I had to
>  guess in which -dev packages they would be.

Whie not automated (AFAIK), the build-depends can usually be found
in the debian/control file.

gnome-apt-0.3.9/debian/control:
Maintainer: Apt Packaging Team <apt@packages.debian.org>
Build-Depends: libapt-pkg-dev (>= 0.3.18), autoconf, m4, gettext[....]
[..]

HTH
					yours,
					peter