Re: Potato Freeze problem more clear...

Why not use the drivers in the stock Linux 2.x kernel? I've got a 3Com adapter in this box with no problems getting around 10-12MB/s. Could be the 3Com drivers are having a few "issues" Don Becker's versions lack.

At 09:12 PM 8/26/00 -0700, Nate Amsden wrote:
> Mike Hardiman wrote:

> My best bet I suppose is to buy a better (expensive) eth adaptor...
> but any thought would be appreciated before I part with 80 bucks for a
> 3com.

the 3com 3c59x series are pretty good cards, the only prob i've had is
using the drivers that i have(from www.3com.com) performance tops out at
5-6MB/s whereas all my other cards(intel, realtek 8139, Netgear tulip)
can easily sustain 11.5MB/s in the same machine.

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336