Re: junkbuster

Dale L . Morris writes:
> Trying to get junkbuster to work I removed it with 'apt-get remove
> junkbuster' then removed the junkbuster directory with rm -rf.

'remove' tells dpkg to leave the config files alone so that you won't have
to reconfigure if you reinstall later.

> Now when I reinstall junkbuster, there's nothing in the junkbuster
> directory.

dpkg looks in its database and sees that the the package was removed and
that it is not to over-write the config files.

> No config ..nothing..  guess I'll have to live with those annoying adds

Do 'apt-get purge junkbuster' and then reinstall it.  'purge' tells dpkg to
remove every trace of the package.  When you later reinstall dpkg knows
that it is to install the config files.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)