Mouse problems in X.

I am having problems with my Logitech PS2 mouse in X. GPM is set to use /dev/psaux for the mouse and it works perfectly. In X, I set the mouse to use /dev/psaux as well. I can move the mouse, but it moves really fast at the very bottom of the screen and I can't control it. And when I set the mouse in X to /dev/mouse it doesn't work at all. I noticed that /dev/mouse was a symbolic link to /dev/gpmdata, if that matters. Someone please help!!

luke