Re: What is up with Debian 2.2 Potato ??

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 08:45:34PM -0700, Nate Amsden wrote
> Joey Hess wrote:

> > > sounds like an oreilly cd ??
> >
> > Impossible, O'Reilly is not selling any CD's labeled Debian 2.2.
> >
> > It looks to me like he didn't wipe out entirely his old install, which
> > had the 2.2.12 kernel.
>
> even if he did not wipe out his installer the reinstall should of wiped
> it out for him, i have never had to "wipe out" an install before
> reinstalling.

If he installed LILO in the MBR first time around and hasn't
replaced his MBR since (e.g. he hasn't installed LILO this time
around, or installed it in a partition boot record without
replacing his MBR) then he may still boot his old kernel, if
the space that it occupies on the disk hasn't been overwritten
in the meantime.

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au