Re: linux certification

hi ya...

"certification", to some, is like vi vs emacs...

- good points to being certified...
	- uniform structure to what everybody probably knows
	  after passing the test the first time thru
	- competency level depends on who certified um ??
	- different kinds of "certified"...
		- distro specific
		- "emphasis" differences
		   hw, networking, dns, fw, sendmail, etc

- bad points to being certified
	- passing a written test is not the same as hands on
	  to fix the problem of the dead/malfunctioning pc/network
	- we all know what we like/disklike about generic NT and novell
	certified people...
	-
	- experience is the best teacher
	--------------------------------

but like all things....its "people based" cause when someone
has propblems....they will get the support contract from
the people they like.....rather than the guru with an attitude
that can solve the same problem in 1 hr instead of 1 week...

just my ranting comments...

have fun linux'ing
alvin

and yeah....i too started something similar....
	*** self generating and self grading certification test
	*** to "certify someones linux knowhow"
but its a  lot of work to generate questions and acceptable answers
	-- scripts written...just need "data" now...