problem with installing Debian on a ide raid controler : PART 3

Hello,

I think Abit's Hot Rod 100 Pro is not a software raid controler (uses
HighPoint Chip HPT370 - on their webpage the chip does the raid thing -
maybe I'm wrong). I pached my kernel for this chip and rebootet. On the boot
prompt I found :

HTP370 ...
ide 2 ...
ide 3 ...

A hdd which was connected to the controler was also recogniced. I think what
I've to do is to setup my raid 0 array and then move my Linux from to the
raid array (like in HDD-Mini-HOWTO suggested).

May this be right?

Oliver

PS : I need a ide controler because the chip on my mobo does only UDMaA 33
and I#ve got UDMA 100 drives. Because the ide controler can raid 0,1 why
shouldn't I use it?