Re: Win & Potato on LAN

   V> Dan Hutchinson wrote:
   >>
   >> You know there has to be a default gateway with the NIC in Windows!
   >> Also which version of Windows 95/98 or WindowsNT/2000.
   >>
   >> Dan
   >>
   V> Sorry, Win98 1st.ed.
   V> I tried setting "gateway" to Potato's IP (192.168.0.1), now if I
   V> ping the same IP, I get host does not exist.
   V> Do you have any suggestion as to the default gateway in Win?

Hi,

do you think, the network card in the Windows box is set up correctly. I had
some Problems with win95 and more than one card, massice resource conflicts.

Also check the cabeling. If the LED on the hub doesn´t show anything, it must
be the windows box or the cable. If the card is set up to autonegoitation,
try to set mode and speed manually.

Just a few suggestions,

				Christoph