Gnome and Path

Hi...  This might sound like a very stupid question, but I was ondering how
could I put any program in the path during startup.  Enlightenment tells me
it can't find the program "dox" each time I click on help.  I got also the
same error when I clicked somewhere else.  Also, when I enter the GNOME
control panel, it shows me only the propertries for the keyboard and the
mouse, nothing else.  I'm reading in a book that everything should be
accessed from the Control Panel, but I have to access them from outside it.
Do I need to configure anything?  I set GNOME for startup by editing the
XSession file.  I don't know if it is the only way or if it there is some
cleaner way of doing it.

Another problen that I have is that when I set a screen saver or a
background and I leave and run again X Window, it doesn't show up my
background and doesn't activate the screen saver after the 5 minutes I
configured for it.

Thanks all for your help.

Ronald

P.S.  Sorry for bothering you guys so frecuently!!