Re: Password decrypting ? Sendmail problems ?

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 23:49:16 +0200, Oliver Schoenknecht writes:
> After
>some search I got his password file which you see below ... I for
>myself can make out the different users but the passwords are
>encrypted.... does anyone of you know how to decrypt those strange
>letters into clear text ?

go to freshmeat.net and search for john, it´s a (more or less) brute
-force password-cracker, if he was silly enough to choose an insecure
password, you´re there.

hth,
&rw
--
/ Robert Waldner <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> | Phone: +43 1 89933 0 Fax x533 \
\        KPNQwest/AT tech staff        | Diefenbachg. 35   A-1150 Wien /