Quake II problems

Hey,

Thanks to your help I've gotten my network running, and Quake II
installed, but I'm having some trouble running Quake II.  In single
player mode,  get segmentation errors _very_ frequently, and it outputs
the following:

svalib: Signal 11: Segmentation fault received.
Segmentation fault

What's this?  I searched for Signal 11 in the svalib doc, but I couldn't
find anything.  Something that could possibly be related, is that when
we play a network game, all the computers will lock up, and we have to
telnet to shut my down.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this,
Cameron Matheson