Re: DSL and Debian questions Round 2

ATTN: David Bellows

Once, from an unreachable email address, Dave Bellows wrote [in part]:

> 2.  The firewall issue.  I've never set up a firewall.  Is there a
> Debian package that will help with this?  Any advice?  I'm a little
> surprised that this is any more of a problem with DSL than with a normal
> dial up connection, anyone want to volunteer a little more info?  How
> secure is the normal Debian installation?  I have occasional need to
> telnet into my box from work, will this still be possible with a
> firewall installed?

David,

I tried to send you some firewall HOWTO info that really streamlined
firewalling my Potato box. Unfortunately, I got a 'Returned mail:
Service unavailable' notice from the bellsouth.net postmaster.

I didn't send it to the list since I've posted it here before, so let me
know if you'd like it and what addy to email it to, ok?

montefin