Re: slow inetd

Where can I find out more about nsswitch.conf and related subjects?
Obviously I did a man nsswitch.conf, but it doesn't go into detail
regarding the libraries it uses, i.e., libnss_*, what's in them or if
you need to build different ones for some purposes.

I see that I have a host.conf file on my potato system.  What others
are obsolete?  What changes do I have to make before I can safely
remove the obsolete files?

--
Neil L. Roeth
neil@occamsrazor.net