Re: [Q] what do these portmap log entries mean?

Michael Banck wrote:

> Darkstar:~# nmap 62.244.87.10
>
> Starting nmap V. 2.12 by Fyodor (fyodor@dhp.com, www.insecure.org/nmap/)
> Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (0 hosts up) scanned in 0 seconds
>
> OK. I am relieved. A remote portscan from grc.com didn't show up anything
> eighter.
>
> Thanks a lot, I can go to bed now without worries...

not quite!! :) looks like you have ICMP firewalled, nmap will not scan a
host it cannot ping.  I suggest trying the nmap again with the -P0
option it will ignore wether or not it gets a reply. note it says 0
hosts are up, and scan completed in 0 seconds, meaning it tried to ping
but could not so it just didnt try to scan.

nate

--
:::
ICQ: 75132336