Re: Non-IP traffic

> Greetings,
> 	I've been using iptraf to try and diagnose a problem I am having with my
> cable modem, and I have noticed that on my Ethernet port, I am getting some
> Non-IP traffic to my NIC.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what tool to
> use to see what the non-IP traffic is?

ethereal.  tcpdump if you don't have access to X11 on the computer (ie
it's not install).

> Better yet, does anyone have any idea of what the NON-IP traffic might
> be?

It could be
 * routers chatting but they typically use some proto over ip to do it
 * ipx (aka Novell Netware)
 * NetBEUI

Phil Brutsche				    pbrutsch@tux.creighton.edu

universe. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstien