R: net install of staroffice 5.2

> > Use /NET not /net.  It is case sensitive.  Tried it on
> another distro (Suse
> > 6.4) and it worked.
> I have done 3 installs of SO5.2 recently and I used the files from the
> Sun main site. I used -NET as it indicates in the
> instructions with the
> binary file with no problems. However I have been unable to get ANY of

ok. i donwloaded so5.2 (english version) from sun today .. it's 3M bigger
than
the italian version i have, some maybe something is missing ... i'll try
again
i'll report back to the list when i have results

> the databases to work with the -NET installation. I think it is a

does it mean that you tried without the -net switch and it worked (the
database)?

> problem with the -NET setup in SO5.2 When  the code becomes
> available I
> HOPE/WISH that a Debian developer will fix the feature that handles
> databases to allow for a greater selection especially MySQL.

i hope so. database are not my great concern with so5.2, so i can live
without it.

> Adabas will
> most likely never be free.

who knows? :)

Marco Frattola (Pianificazione processi) -
Cubecom S.p.A.
Via de Marini,1 3 piano Torre WTC
16149 GENOVA
tel. 010 6591184