max n of groups per user?

Hi!

First - I'm new to the list. I used debian some time ago and now
I'm thinking about installing it on a server machine at university.

How many groups can a user have? I want to use a private groups
concept with >300 users, and my admins must be members of all private
groups because I want them to be able to r/w into the 2770ed-homes
of the users - and avoid that one must change owner every time an
admin has copied into a user's home.

In SuSE, the number of groups is limited (AFAIK to 20), so I can't use
this concept. What about debian?

Thank you, CU, Lars.