Re: KDE2 debs from TDYC

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Epting <mikeepting@usa.net> writes:

Michael> There have been some new .debs made available from tdyc the
Michael> last couple of days.  These *almost* work for me, unlike the
Michael> ones available before yesterday.  If anybody else is
Michael> successfully using these, could you please tell me how you
Michael> got a panel to appear?

Michael> By the way, I had to modify /usr/bin/startkde to get much of
Michael> anything to work.  I added:

Michael> kdeinit +dcopserver kdeinit +klauncher

Michael> and, later on

Michael> kdesktop

Michael> but no joy on the panel.

Hmmm.  I installed KDE for the first time this last weekend, and it
pretty much works outta the box (including the panel, which I have
immediately auto-hidden :)

What I found interesting after reading your post:

kronstadt:~$ file /usr/bin/startkde
/usr/bin/startkde: broken symbolic link to /kde
kronstadt:~$

I use kdm (of course), do you?
And this is on potato, with the potato debs from tdyc.  These
shouldn't really change from now on, should they?

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
In his own soul a man bears the source