Re: Mouse Doesn't Work with X

The way to make ALL of this work is:

IN FILE /etc/gpm.conf:

#  /etc/gpm.conf - configuration file for gpm(1)
#
#  If mouse response seems to be to slow, try using
#  responsiveness=15. append can contain any random arguments to be
#  appended to the commandline.
#
#  If you edit this file by hand, please be aware it is sourced by
#  /etc/init.d/gpm and thus all shell meta characters must be
#  protected from evaluation (i.e. by quoting them).
#
#  This file is used by /etc/init.d/gpm and can be modified by
#  /usr/sbin/gpmconfig.
#
device=/dev/psaux
responsiveness=
type=ps2
append="-R"

THEN IN FILE /etc/X11/XF86Config

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "MouseSystems"
   Device          "/dev/gpmdata"
   BaudRate        1200
   Emulate3Timeout 50
   Resolution      100
EndSection

Federico Silva <fSilva@santarosa.com.uy> wrote:
: Hi,
: 	try setting gpm repeat protocol to none.

: -f.