Re: Star Office

personally i prefer word perfect to star office... (despite corel's atrocities)

its not trying to be a complete desktop, just a word processor.

does .doc conversion pretty well

but if all you want is to READ the doc there is an MSwordview plug-in for netscape

At 05:42 PM 8/23/2000 -0700, Shane wrote:

>Hi,
>Is there a Debian package of the Star Office?
>I need to read a MS Word document.  Are there
>any other software in Debian for viewing a
>MS Word doc?.  I have a Debian 2.2 system.
>Thanks
>
>-Shane

>Before you buy.
>

>--

WARNING -
This email is confidential and may contain copyright material.
If you are not the intended recipient of Capital Monitor's original e-mail,
please notify me by return e-mail, delete your copy of the message, and
accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Republication or re-dissemination, including posting to news groups or web
pages, is strictly prohibited without the express prior consent of Capital
Monitor Pty Ltd.

John Griffiths			Tel 02 6273 4899
Capital Monitor Pty Ltd		Fax 02 6273 4905
Press Gallery 			Mobile: 0412 690 643
Parliament House		e-mail: john@capmon.com
Canberra   ACT   2600		http://www.capmon.com
Australia			ICQ No: 7933859