Re: DSL and Debian questions

On 24-Aug-2000 Nate Amsden wrote:
> Also unless you know the ISP "approves" of unix i wouldn't mention it in
> talks with them, tell them you use Win 3.1. and need a system that can
> work with it. then you can be sure you'll get a hardware based non plug
> N pray solution that should work good with unix.

That's a fact.  Tell them you use anything other than Windows or Mac and they
freak out, telling you that they can't help you and you need to do a
self-install (I don't want the installer messing in my machine anyway).  I was
even told that I needed to do my first login with Windows or Macintosh, but
that turned out to be misinformation.

--
Andrew