Re: Utility for multiple floppies

kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 06:50:41PM -0700, Eric G . Miller wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 05:25:36PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > > are gnu tar, gzip and friends available for windows wastelands^Wenvironments?
---
> Toolkits:
>
>     Cygwin (Cygnus Solutions, now part of RedHat).
>         UWIN (AT&T: http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/uwin/)
>         MKS (Mortin Kerns Systems)
>         Unix Services for Windows (Microsoft -- formerly Interix[1])

I use the Cygwin toolkit.  It has most of the "common" Linux/GNU utils,
so you'll have tar, zip, gzip/gunzip, cpio, bash, ... and, of course,
gcc and make.  So, if the tool you want isn't there, chances are good
you can compile it out of the box under Cygwin (so long as we're not
talking about things that need direct hardware access).

See:  http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/

Other projects (gcc, Java...) can be found under:
http://sources.redhat.com/

--
Bob McGowan
Staff Software Quality Engineer