Re: net install of staroffice 5.2

 hi,
and thanks for your answer ..

 > On 23, aug, 2000 at 09:02:18 +0200, marco frattola wrote:
 > > hi all,
 > > this is not debian specific, but maybe somebody can help
 > me. i'm trying to
 > > install staroffice 5.2 using
 > > the 'net' switch, so every user  doesn't need to install
 > his/her own copy of
 > > staroffice.
 > > i already did it successfully with so 5.1, but i'm unable
 > to do that with
 > > 5.2. sun gives you a whole .bin
 > > file. by executing that file you start installation .. but
 > there's no way of
 > > passing the /net switch. without
 > > switch, it installs the one-user only. reading the docs
 > from sun doesn't
 > > help much .. they refer to a setup
 > > script, which doesn't exist before running the .bin file,
 > and that doesn't
 > > do anything after: it just gives you
 > > option to repair/uninstall/modify, but not to reinstall. so
 > if anybody knows
 > > if there's anything i can try ..
 >
 > Have you tried passing the /net switch to the *.bin file when you
 > execute it?
 >
 > I seem to remember that's how I did it when I tried StarOffice (I've
 > removed it as I don't really need it ...).

 i tried it .. but doesn't work.
 the script bails out saying that the switch is not correct.
 i've also tried /net and -net (since docs here and there
 don't agree on
 switch sintax) but it doesn't work. this is what i meant (but
 now that i
 re-read it i realize it wasn't clearly expressed) 'there's no
 way to pass
 the switch to the .bin file'

 thank you anyway

 Marco Frattola (Pianificazione processi) -
 Cubecom S.p.A.
 Via de Marini,1 3 piano Torre WTC
 16149 GENOVA
 tel. 010 6591184