Re: Linux Mail Client (was: Re: Web browsers for Linux (was: Re: Netscape Bus Error))

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 09:36:14AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote
> On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 07:21:38PM +0930, John Pearson wrote:
> > .forward file allows you to filter your mail into any number of
> > separate mailfolders at delivery time, based on a wide range of
> > criteria including the contents of the headers.
>
>     Now take it a step further, what do you do on the MUA (not mail client)
> side to address that?

Well, that certainly indicates one reason why I'm having
difficulty coming to grips with your requirement; we have a
problem over terminology.

I differentiate between MUAs, MDAs, and MTAs; examples are:
  MUA:  mutt
  MDA:  procmail
  MTA:  exim

Obviously, you mean something different to MUA to me (and,
perhaps, others); what, in your view is an MUA if not a mail
client?

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au