Upgrade from potato to woody?

O.K. Here is a question that I am sure has been asked before, but I could not
find a concise enough answer. If I was to upgrade to woody from potato (or
to do a general distribution ugrade in Debian from whatever to whatever) what
are the steps that I would take, would it be:

1) change sources.list to point at woody (unstable)?
2) apt-get update or upgrade or is it apt-get dist-upgrade?
3) then apt-get dist-upgrade?

Do I need to change sources.list? (this would seem logical)

A simple step by step explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks,
	Dan
Daniel E. Baumann
E-mail: baumannd@msoe.edu (preferred)
        baumannd@trio.msoe.edu
        baumannd@penguinpowered.com (caution: dynamic DNS service, may bounce)

Web location: 	http://www.msoe.edu/~baumannd
                http://www.linuxfreak.com/~baumannd

"Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code."

      -- Dave Olson