Re: slow inetd

At 07:23 PM 8/22/00 +0200, you wrote:

It seems classic resolver problem (register your win-machine in DNS or at
least add to /etc/hosts file) :)

Mirek

It seems like a resolver problem to me as well but I'm not running a DNS locally and I do have the local ip address of the windows machine in /etc/hosts. In anything required in hosts besides a one line entry with the ip address?

Triple-check your DNS resolution, particularly reverse resolution.

resolv.conf is typical, with my remote dns entries in it. Hosts has the ip addresses of the windows machines. What else does checking the DNS resolution involve?

Thanks.