Problems installing

I'm trying to install 2.2 off of a set of CDs from cheapbytes. It is the official image. I get to where it wants to install the kernel. I tell it to install off of the cd it mounts the cd. I have checked that it is mounted in the other terminal I have also mounted it by hand and used the mounted option. I then point it to . Let it try to find the path it pulls up a path that looks good and then grinds away for a bit then asks for a rescue floppy :) I've tried several different paths and have double checked that the CD is mounted. That is as far as I got before I fell asleep :). Any ideas hints pointers? Thanks all very much.
Ray