Laserjet IIP (not postscript) and ghostscript?

I have in my office, at least for the moment, a LaserJet IIP.  This is
from before the P meant postscript on these; I think it meant
"personal."  It is *not* the same printer as a regular II.

I've found ghostscriptt and magicilter information starting at about
the laserjet III.  Does anyone know how to get a IIP to talk to
ghostsrcript?  Will Bad Things (tm) happen if I try to use the drivers
for a III?

ANd has anyone ever seen a printer feed tray that has been repaired
with *both* rivets and duct tape before? :)

hawk

--
Prof. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.       Smeal 178    (814) 375-4700
dochawk@psu.edu