Re: Linux Mail Client (was: Re: Web browsers for Linux (was: Re: Netscape Bus Error))

Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> wrote on 22/08/2000 (09:58) :
> On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 09:52:08AM +0200, Preben Randhol wrote:
> > I think it is you that has done something wrong in the setup.
>
>     No, I refuse to accept a mediocre solution.

Would you please explain how you would make the software then?

> > I have setup fetchmail on a machine to fetch mail for both users of that
> > machine from the ISP. One of the users even got a different username on
> > the local machine. No need to do filtering etc as you suggest.
>
>     So if I have 5 remote accounts I need to have 5 local accounts.  Am I the
> only one who thinks that is stupid?

I'm having a hard time understanding your problem. At one moment you say
that you download all mail to one account and then filter the mail to
the different accounts. In the next you suddenly want all your mail into
one account. PLease make up your mind about what your problem is!

What I consider a stupid solution is to have two different persons with
seperate ISP accounts reading eachothers mail. That is why I have setup
fetchmail to send the mail to each user.

--
Preben Randhol - Ph. D student - http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent", Isaac Asimov