Re: Linux Mail Client (was: Re: Web browsers for Linux (was: Re: Netscape Bus Error))

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 05:46:00PM +1000, markm@student.unsw.edu.au wrote:
> .fetchmailrc can have:
> []
> user xxxxx is mark here
> []
> user yyyyy is julie here

    Requires a local account for what really isn't a separate account on the
local machine.  This is a piss-poor hack.

> Alternatively, if you don't want separate acounts for work / home, you
> can use an exim .forward file to filter and save your home stuff to a
> seperate mailbox file and mutt -f the file. Alternatively...

    I have already addressed this in this thread.  IE, dumping all mail into a
single account and then filtering out from there.  This is not acceptable.
Again, a hack to the extreme.