Re: Voodoo3 and 3D stuff

Aaron Maxwell wrote:

> Do you know if the 3dfx module is installed?
>
> Type 'lsmod'; the output should include a line with the string '3dfx' in
> it (eg, '3dfx.o').  If not, good news!  That's your problem and it's easy
> to fix!
>
> To fix it, find the module; mine is /lib/misc/3dfx.o, but it could be in
> /lib/modules.  If you can't find it type 'dpkg -L device3dfx.deb' (or
> whatever the package's name is); the module name is probably '3dfx.o', but
> may be something a little different.
>
> Then install it with 'insmod'.  If the module is /lib/misc/3dfx.o, as root
> type 'insmod /lib/misc/3dfx.o'.
>
> If this doesn't work let us know, we *will* fix this.
> Aaron

Hello and thanks for your help!

Ok I'm almost there.  I didn't have the 3dfx module installed.  When I
insmoded it I was able to get UT running using the Glide drivers as
opposed to the SDL ones (which produced weird black boxes everywhere).
However there are problems, there is a second cursor on the screen and
when I exit the screen goes all weird and unusable and I have to kill X
in order to get it back.  Otherwise UT runs beautifully.

The other problem is when I try to run the mesademos, I get no errors
but I also don't get fullscreen (even after typing "export
MESA_GLX_FX=fullscreen" that's correct isn't it?).

Like I said I'm now almost there,
Thanks again and now if we can just get these last two bits solved...
David Bellows